Tuesday, April 27, 2010

MOT / Revenue Passed

A very busy day yesterday..
I took the campervan to be MOT'd (NCT in Ireland)and it failed ! i say that with a smile, read on and you find out why.... I gave the test man the engineers report forms that need to be filled in for the insurance company when insuring a campervan.
The campervan was imported as a truck and i needed to take it back to the revenue so that they could inspect it and verifie that it is now a campervan.
Well i now know that i should have gone to the revenue first because the test centre tested it as a truck so they failed it on things related to the tacograph..which isnt needed in a campervan.
Anyway i took the failure form and went to see the revenue... The revenue man came out and looked at the camper and said is there a cooker and a sink? Oh yes ok thats fine lets go and do the paper work..
So that was it is was officially a campervan.
I then returned to the MOT centre they put my new mud flaps on, changed the buld, looked at the campervan cert from the revenue and kindly gave me my MOT certificate ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment